the lady bags a plot

Friday, July 21, 2006

Progress



Seems ages since I added anything here, but we had a lovely camping and walking trip down to Graffham in Sussex last weekend.
Apart from digging up miles more couch grass roots, I have managed to get some leeks and winter cabbages(January Kings transplanted).
Everything else in the ground seems to be surviving despite the heat.

As can be seen from this photo I have managed to dig over the width of the plot. Hopefully over the weekend I will get some rocket, chard and lettuce seeds in for a late crop.

You can see the huge pile of couch grass and weed that is getting bigger day by day.

At some point this will need to be burnt.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger mrsnesbitt said…

    Great stuff chuck!
    keep up the hard work.

    Gosh, feel tired now, feel as though I have done the work! LOL!

    Dx

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Marie said…

    You can always come and lend a hand or spade or fork or encouragement!
    I shan't be doing this much digging in the garden I shall be going for the layering method.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Great to see your progress and such lovely photos of your garden and plants.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home