the lady bags a plot

Monday, October 16, 2006

Progess is made-October 2006




I finally feel that progress has been made and the plot looks more like a plot. I have started layer mulching the last 2 beds-as there is little couch grass and bindweed, just the general run of the mill weeds. Found a great pile of horse muck that had rotted down well and this is now being piles onto cardboard.
I have rescued about 12 raspberry canes and some strawberry plants from an abandoned plot, not sure if its the best time for transplanting them but others seem to have done the same. Still some TLC will see them through the winter. I also moved some comfrey from said abandoned plot, so my fruit bed is now developing. I already have a gooseberry bush courtesy of mum. I also have a wonderful blackberry bush from my neighbour, they're the best berries I've ever tasted.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bless

    xxxxxxxxxxxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home