the lady bags a plot

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Last days of summer

Over the past 2 days I have spent some serious time in the garden and on the allotment. The weather has been gorgeous, today was warm, sunny and not a breath of wind.
I have mulched the garden, insulated the greenhouse and moved or wrapped anything tender. Even the fuschias are coming into full bloom again. The artichokes that I grew from seed this year have grown enormous and have now developed numerous chokes-I just hope I'll get to eat them before the frost gets them!


On the allotment-I have done some more layer mulching, planted my garlic and sown some broad beans-this is the first time I've tried over wintering beans so its a bit of an experiment!
Even the caterpillars are back for another feast on my cabbages. But the rainbow chard looks lovely lit by the autumn sun.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home